Guard Electrocuted While Plucking Pawpaw in Lagos

A security guard, Uchena Harrison, has been electrocuted while attempting to pluck pawpaw from a tree at his workplace in the Abule Oshun area of Lagos State.

It was gathered that the 56-year-old and four other security guards were on duty on Friday when he reportedly became hungry and without the knowledge of his colleagues, proceeded to the pawpaw tree.

It was learnt that Harrison placed a ladder on the tree and after climbing it, used an iron rod to pluck the fruit.

Speaking to journalists a resident, Jubril Adesoji, said Harrison mistakenly used the iron rod to hit a naked wire which passed through the tree.

“The shock he suffered during the electrocution threw him away from the ladder and he landed on the ground. He died on the spot,” he added.

A source said Harrison’s remains were later found around the pawpaw tree.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.